Monday 2 June 2014

Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick // Makeup Review


It's Monday which mean makeup review! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and have had a great day so far! It's June which means I go on holiday at the end of this month!! YAYAYAYAY! Expect packing blog posts and outfit organising! Today I thought I'd write about a lip product because, if you didn't know this already, I am a lip product addict and need help. When I'm in Boots or Superdrug I always end up buying a new lip product! I just can't help myself! Is anyone else like this, or is it just me?

MY NATURAL LIPS


My lips are very dry and chapped most of the year. I always use a lip balm before applying any lipstick and at the moment I'm using the Nivea Hydro Care. Mostly because it's cheap and has an SPF of 15 included, which can never be bad. I tend to always go to Nivea for a good, hydrating lip balm. My lips are quite large and are a prominent feature on my face. They're quite pale and take to many lip colours nicely.

PACKAGING 


The packaging is rubbish to be honest. I've got two of these lipsticks and the older one has broken. It's basically a black plastic case. When you compare the packaging to the price you are paying for the product though, it is a fair casing. The way the lid goes onto the bullet is quite secure too which is always a plus. However, on Sweet Tart the lid barely stays on due to the damage on the case!



PRODUCT 

I have two colours, one in Sweet Tart which is a Barbie pink and then one from the Gothic Glam collection in Revenge. Both colours are creamy and easy to apply, however 'lasting colour' isn't really applicable in my opinion. As the lipsticks are creamy and moisturising, they don't have a good staying power. If you're eating or plan on kissing anyone whilst wearing this lipstick, blot lots of times because they WILL transfer and can get really messy (especially if you're intoxicated while applying the lipstick haha). I love the colours of this lipstick and the formula is gorgeous, I just wish they lived up to their name, 'lasting colour.' That would make these lipsticks ah-mazing. They're brilliant buys for the price you pay. 

PRICE

One of the best things about this product is the price, £2.99! I know £3! SO cheap and cheerful when you need a lipstick pick up on a rainy day shopping! Also, right now in Boots they're 2 for £5, so get down to the Collection counter! Collection Lasting Colour Lipsticks at Boots.





Hope you enjoyed reading this post!

Follow on Bloglovin

Hannah x

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I spy the Seventeen blush in there - HOW amazing is it!!!
    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so good! Subtle and gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  2. You picked great shades, oh I must try them :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina! Definitely do, they're so cheap :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow