Sunday 9 August 2015

Makeup Bag Staples

Recently, I've been getting deep and personal with you all with meaningful lifestyle posts (which I love doing by the way) but, I think it's about time I update you with what I LOVE to use on my face. That's correct, I'm letting you all know about what are my must have staples to carry in my makeup bag. I am not the best at makeup, but I have such an addiction to beauty products. That Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette is 100% next on my list... Next payday maybe? Seriously, I should stop the spending when it comes to lipsticks, nail varnish and of course, my beloved concealer obsession... Yikes!

Do you know the question - what makeup products would you take to a desert island with you? Well these are mine, there are several... Don't judge me!


I guess the first things I should talk about are the several concealers I'm crushing on. Before foundation, I must swipe Benefit's Fakeup concealer under my eyes (I have the sample size). It instantly makes me look fresh and more awake. The balm around the product makes it really gently on the eyes and is super moisturising. Mac's Select Cover Up has been a favourite of mine for a while now, and I still am currently having a love affair with this bad boy. If you suffer from redness, like me, this gem of a product covers it flawlessly! An added bonus is a little goes a long way! You think I'd stop at two concealers, right? Well, you're wrong! I'm addicted. I use Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint on spots, as it's a creamy texture and stays exactly where you've put it all day (with the help of powder). On nights out, I like to put this in Kardashian-esque V shapes under my eyes for extra glowy, highlighty, gorgeousness. 

Moving on from all that concealer talk... Eye. Balm. I love this No.7 Overnight Eye Balm I had in a Christmas set! I will most definitely be repurchasing! I have noticed a difference in the skin around my eyes and will never look back.

Powder is never an exciting part of doing my makeup. I always get whatever is on offer. Just my luck that this L'Oreal Nude Magique BB powder was on promotion, it makes you look flawless. Ties a look together, and has a mirror on the other side! SO handy for travelling.

Highlighter *gasps!* It's new to me but, what I'm thinking is why the hell didn't I do this before?! My top two would be a No. 7 Rapid Radiance Balm, which looks lovely under or mixed with a foundation, and The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer! It's amazing. Especially on nights out. And when you need a glow. Okay, it's my best buy of this summer. It's so LUSH! No other words. Lush!

Last, but definitely not least, an eyebrow spoolie is a must. I have this double ended one from Avon and it works a treat. I use the other end to highlight my brow bone. Babe of a brush.

Thanks for reading!
 photo sig_zps7f71ce81.png

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, I'm tempted to give the Mac product a try now. I'm struggling finding anything that will cover my face.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, you only need a smidge and it'll cover loads! It's quite a liquid formula. It lasts a long time too, so it's worth the price xx

      Delete
  2. I love that Phwoarr Paint! The eye balm sounds great, I really need a new eye cream x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gem of a concealer, I must say! Yes, it is good! Boots have the £5 off No.7 skincare vouchers in again too! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow