Tuesday 24 November 2015

Sensational Lashes

Since using Benefit's Rollerlash, I just can't find myself falling for any other mascara. It just did such nice things to my eyelashes, but I don't want to spend just under £20 on mascara every time I run out... The last few months I've tried endless tubes of alternative mascaras and today, I thought I'd share with you an amazing hit and one complete and utter miss.

The products I'm comparing today are Maybelline's Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara (£7.99) and Rimmel London's Supercurler Mascara (£6.99).


Maybelline Lash Sensational claims to give a, "layered, multiplied lash look," which to be fair, it did! This mascara was also the official mascara for London Fashion Week (I did not know this prior to my research!) The brush is curved and has a range of plastic bristle lengths. This is great to coat every lash! The brush really did grab lashes I didn't even know I had! I'd highly recommend this product!

Rimmel Supercurler claims to last 24 hours... I fail to see how. I worked a 7 hour shift wearing this and my lashes completely lost the curl, the volume and even started to smudge onto my lower lash line. It's not as if my job is physically demanding, so I don't understand how it smudged so easily. The brush is curved, like the Maybelline mascara... I prefer a curved mascara wand. However, the bristles on this brush were natural and just didn't do much for my lashes. The product darkened my lashes and added a bit of length but that was about it. No where near as curling as Rollerlash or Lash Sensational. 


Top photo: 1 coat of mascara.
Bottom photo: 2 coats of mascara.
 Left eye: Rimmel Supercurler. Right eye: Maybelline Lash Sensational.

What affordable mascaras do you recommend? 
Follow

Thanks for reading!
 photo sig_zps7f71ce81.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow