Thursday 5 February 2015

January Favourites

January is finally over and done with. Phew. I hate the month of January and I always seem to suffer with January blues. However, it's a new year and a fresh start for Hannah Notes, so I thought I'd kickstart this month's posts with a January Favourites (the month of January not being included).




This month has been all about the products I received for Christmas; four out of five were gifts. I'll start with the Garnier Mineral Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. Okay... I admit, this is a weird product to include in this post but seriously, this stuff is amazing. Recently my asthma has been really playing up and I couldn't use any deodorant as it was making me so breathless, except for this beauty. (Yes, I did just describe a deodorant as a, "beauty," we'll just brush past that..) This has a light scent which doesn't irritate my chest at all! Plus, it's anti-white marks! What more could you want?!

Next up I'll move onto my skincare loves of this month. I have rediscovered No.7 skincare thanks to a Christmas gift set I managed to get my hands on. Oh my God, I missed this moisturiser. It's so good to me. Makes my skin so soft, doesn't break me out, it's hypoallergenic and it has SPF15. I 100% recommend trying the No.7 Beautiful Skin range immediately!! A new No.7 find was the Overnight Revitalising Eye Balm. This stuff is just wow. Makes my eyes feel so refreshed! I'm currently on the hunt for eye creams due to the fact that I'm the big 20 years old next month, and I feel like I need to prevent signs of aging ASAP. Last month of being a teenager... Where has my life gone...

Now I'll move onto the fun part of my favourites: the makeup! I have worn the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette every day I've worn makeup in the month of January! That's right, everyday!!  I love everything about this palette. My go-to would be Skimp all over and as a highlight under my brows, then Frisk as a contour and blend, blend, blend! Looks so effortless and I have been all about that look recently. I love every shade in this palette and I especially like how the darkest colour isn't a black, as I find blacks seriously hard to work with when blending. Undone is a deep brown which just adds the right amount of darkness and definition to a smokey eye that I need. I lastly want to add that I love the mirror on this compact palette. It's much more workable and It feels sturdy in the packaging, unlike the Urban Decay Naked Palette 1, which I broke... (Yes I know, I broke a mirror... Ssh!)


The last January favourite I want to talk about is a lipstick. Now, I haven't had such a love affair with a lipstick since I bought Rimmel's Moisture Renew in Diva. I was on the hunt for a rosey-nude colour and I found it. It was 3 for 2 in Boots on Revlon makeup so I thought I'd take a look at the lipsticks and I found the Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Socialite. It is the one. If this lipstick was a man, I would happily walk it down the aisle. That is how much I can't get enough of this formula and shade and everything! I am definitely going back to Boots on payday to get more lipsticks from this range as they actually stay on for hours and don't feel drying at all. This is coming from someone who gets very chapped lips, just throwing that in there.


This week's post has come to an end. I hope you enjoyed reading about my top products of January 2015. I also hope that you've all had a fabulous start to the year and are enjoying 2015! So far, so good for me. Just letting you all know I'm now posting every Thursday at 5pm (GMT). Follow me on Bloglovin to stay tuned for my Valentine's Day post which will be on the perfect kissable lips.



 photo sig_zps7f71ce81.png

4 comments:

  1. I must pick the naked basics 2 palette up soon, it looks gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do need to get myself a naked palette asap, they're gorgeous!
    Eilidh xx

    http://herprettystateofmind.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this post. It was incredibley entertaining and I really liked these pictures!

    http://hiandbye28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! I'm always nervous about photography. I've checked out your blog :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow