Sunday 20 August 2017

Five Things That Made Me Happy This Week / 1


I stumbled upon this blogpost yesterday and it really made me think about my week, what I enjoyed and what I was grateful for. Gratitude journalling is something I have always been interested in but sitting down to write them in a notebook seems so concrete to me and I don't feel the need to do it and have it there physically on paper. On a blogpost, it seems more realistic for me as I will post this (hopefully) every Sunday to reflect back on my week mindfully. I've started a mindfulness journey and yes I know that sounds like who do I think I am? But it has really helped me to destress and start thinking positively again. I have been listening to a really good podcast as well which I will make a separate post on soon. Basically I would recommend everyone to practice mindfulness as it just improves your way of thinking. Here are my top five things that made me happy this week:

1 // DRIVING TO CARDIFF AND NOT GETTING LOST

I have a new job and needed a medical assessment before I start the end of the month. I used my satnav however, when I got into Cardiff centre, there was a road closure. Previously, when stuff like this happens to me, I panic, I cry and go home. However, I remained calm, followed the diversions and got to my destination just in time. I feel like my confidence when driving is improving so much and I'm even considering driving up to Liverpool soon to see my bestie. I am a new woman.

2 // NANDOS

If you know me well, you know I am almost always up for a #CheekyNandos. My order is medium butterfly chicken, peri chips and garlic bread. I promise to order something different next time. I just love carbs though. What do you order in Nandos?

3 // SPENDING TIME WITH MY FRIENDS

Friday night came around quickly! That Friday feeling meant myself and my boyfriend went to town and one of my best friends met us out, we had a lil dance and ended the night with a McDonalds. Perfection? I think so.

4 // WORKING MY LAST SATURDAY SHIFT

My job in retail will be coming to an end on the 24th of this month. I am so excited to have my weekends back for the first time in over four years. Yesterday was my last Saturday stuck in work until midnight. It was great. It was a bit sad because I have made some amazing friends at this job but they are all so supportive and wished me the best of luck. Now I'm trying to plan a leaving party!

5 // BLOGGING 

Getting back into the swing of things is so important to me right now. I need to seriously up my game. I have about 5 posts that are waiting for photos or content but they should all be out over the next few weeks. I am also thinking about writing about my first day at my new job. Let me know if you think that's a good idea.

I really enjoyed writing this post and I'm actually smiling whilst typing this as this week has been so good. This really makes you focus on the positive and gets rid of any negative thoughts you may have.


What's made you happy this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow