Wednesday 10 September 2014

5 Boys You'll Meet On Tinder

Tinder; "it's how people meet," the smartphone app announces. If you're single and how you say, "ready to mingle," Tinder is meant to be a way you can connect with new people. It's completely based on looks. You see a picture, a name and an age (if the person is brave enough, they may also include a brief description of themselves... I am not one of these people). The idea is you swipe right for yes and swipe left for no. Easy as that, right? That's until you start talking to your so-called matches... Approach Tinder light heartedly and if you're actually expecting to find your future husband on there, I wish you the best of luck. 

From my experience, as a nineteen year old, Welsh girl, Tinder is just there for a laugh. I don't believe that anything serious will ever come from it. It gives you an ego boost when you see the notification pop up on your screen, "Congratulations! You have a new match!" But, if you try to talk to your matches, you may come across similar characters as I have...

1// The Social Butterfly - this boy wants to know everything. Your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Kik, Tumblr, Vine... When will he quit? His profile is a stereotypical selfie with a list of all his social media links in his description. This guy craves a new follower. You will probably be able to keep a conversation going with him, as he knows exactly what you got up to that day, thanks to your earlier Instagram post that you shared to Facebook. However, the chatting soon dies down when he adds your Snapchat account and starts sharing inappropriate photos you don't want to see. *Unmatches, blocks, deletes*

2// The Topless Gym Freak - you swiped right for six great reasons. THOSE ABS. Perfectly sculpted and biceps for days. His face? Who cares?! Look at those abs. Just. Look. At. Them. He uploads gym selfies and clearly is in love with himself... But who can blame him with a body like that, right? One day, he catches you off guard and messages you, "hey u ok x" and you die a little bit inside. You start to wonder why the hell he swiped you right... Then you realise, he wants naked photos of you to add to his collection. I allow you to screenshot his abs and then swiftly click unmatch. 

gym photo: Das Gym DasGym.gif


3// The Hairy Guy - usually seen as an alternative to your usual right swiping... A bearded God is sacred to the Tinder world and they are a rare breed of Pokemon. You have to catch them all. Sometimes, someone a little more rugged than usual is just what you need. Well, it's just what I need... Sometimes. They usually have a sleeve and have a grooming ritual better than yours. You wait patiently for the moment they post a selfie with a caption of their Snapchat account. When that day comes, you will rejoice to the heavens above, trust me.




4// The Ego Booster - sometimes we all need a pick-me-up and this boy will certainly help you out. He's sweet talking and knows the lingo. He calls you beautiful and promises back tickles and hot chocolate (even though he lives 157km away!) He talks to you better than any of your ex-boyfriends, but don't fall for it! He soon will post a selfie of himself with a caption of, "feeling really sad today x" Urghhh... This is not what you're on Tinder for. If you start telling this guy he's a gentleman he'll keep you up to 3am arguing how he's not good enough. You've told him he's lovely, and so have his other 147 matches. Just go to sleep.

5// The Tinder Date - you've been talking to them for a while now and you think, yes I will go on a Tinder date. You go out for food, you talk easily and get on okay. A success! That's until you go home and a week later they're messaging you asking, "are we ok?" You are allowed a life. Don't these boys on Tinder know that?! You have a job/are in education, you can't be replying to them every second of the day. All that happened on that date was that he paid for the meal; even the starters, and now he assumes you are basically, "a thing," now? One free meal doesn't make me your girlfriend babe.



I hope you all enjoyed reading this different post. As usual, thanks for reading!


Follow on Bloglovin

Hannah x

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha. #4 sounds like actual boyfriend material. Kinda glad I'm not single, so I don't have to deal with this stuff anymore! PHEW. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this post has brightened up my morning :) so true!��

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is the best thing I've read about internet dating haha, it's so true! When I had tinder I kinda treated it just like a game really like 'hot or not'! (I know, I'm a terrible person). Xo

    www.dinosbeautydiary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This literally made me laugh out loud! I don't have tinder as I'm in a relationship but some of the horror stories my friends tell me have me in stitches! And its even more awkward if you find someone you know haha!! :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha sometimes I just want to join tinder to mess with it!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow